Your assignment is to create a sequence consisting of at least 5 separate images and a series consisting of at least 5 separate images. By definition these photographs must be related in some way. Your images should tell a story rather than just 5 disparate images. Remember that story telling is as much about what you chose to edit out as it is about what you show us. A truly successful set of narrative images have merit and interest as individual pieces as well as within the group.
A sequence by definition has a specific order, it has a start, a middle and an end – a transition of idea from start to finish. A series consists of related parts whose resonance helps build their meaning. These images need not be seen in a specific order. Serial images rely on multiplicity to drive home their meaning and can generally be arranged in any sequence to create the same conclusion.
- 5 printed series images of at least 8×10
- 5 printed sequence images of at least 8×10
- 10 PSD files indicating appropriate digital workflow
- 10 jpeg images posted to your digital portfolio
- Series and Sequence Self Assessment